**PRE SALE** Estimated ship date is end of September.
Comfort is QUEEN in the age of social distancing, but that doesn't mean you can't still look fabulous!
Here are some of my favorite facts and uses for Kaftans throughout history, according to an article by VOGUE Arabia.
- A symbol of exoticism and a bohemian lifestyle
- Kaftan is a Persian word, while the garment style is believed to have originated in Ancient Mesopotamia
- 1950s and early 1960s that this style of dress began appearing in high fashion when it was adapted by French couturiers—including Christian Dior and Balenciaga
- By 1966, Vogue described the kaftan as an essential garment for every member of the jet-set and photographed
- In the 1970's, women entertaining at home wore the kaftan dress
- The popularity in America of the kaftan stemmed from its association with exoticism as well as the easy-to-wear comfort of these pieces
- Pattern features an original AlanaKay resin painting
- 100% polyester
- Fully lined
- ONE SIZE fits most (fits sizes 4-14)