Comfort is QUEEN these days, but that doesn't mean you need to sacrifice style. Guaranteed once you put this Kaftan on, you're never going to want to wear anything else!
- Pattern features an original AlanaKay resin painting
- 100% polyester
- Fully lined
- ONE SIZE fits most (fits sizes 4-16)
Here are some of my favorite facts and uses for Kaftans throughout history, according to an article by VOGUE Arabia.
- A symbol of exoticism and a bohemian lifestyle
- Kaftan is a Persian word, while the garment style is believed to have originated in Ancient Mesopotamia
- 1950s and early 1960s that this style of dress began appearing in high fashion when it was adapted by French couturiers—including Christian Dior and Balenciaga
- By 1966, Vogue described the kaftan as an essential garment for every member of the jet-set and photographed
- In the 1970's, women entertaining at home wore the kaftan dress
- The popularity in America of the kaftan stemmed from its association with exoticism as well as the easy-to-wear comfort of these pieces